Next Info Session Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 6pm
Location: Miziwe Biik Development Corporation, 167 Gerrard St. E., Toronto, ON
What is the AHP-AHOP (Aboriginal Housing Program – Affordable Home Ownership Program)?
The program provides loans of up to $30,000 to qualifying Canadian Aboriginal people to assist with a downpayment to purchase a home off-reserve in the GTA.
Am I Eligible for a Loan?
The Affordable Home Ownership Program is targeted to Aboriginal people who intend to purchase a home in the GTA as their Principal Residence. To be eligible for a Loan under the Affordable Home Ownership Program, Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- must be Aboriginal Canadians including status and non-status First Nations, Métis or Inuit;
- must be 18 years of age or older;
- must be currently renting or living with friends/family;
- must intend to live in the Property as a Principal Residence;
- the total Household Income must not exceed the Maximum Household Income. The amount changes annually, please see chart below – consult our website at www.mbdc.ca for current amount.
- must qualify for a first mortgage from a bank or trust company having a minimum term of 5 years at the 5 year Fixed Rate or 5 year variable capped rate. Please notify us if you require information in obtaining a mortgage broker;
- the purchase price of the home must be below the current Maximum House Price for the municipality in which the applicant wishes to purchase. These prices are updated quarterly and therefore, may change over the life of the Affordable Home Ownership Program. Please see chart below for current price list – consult the MBDC website at www.mbdc.ca for current price lists.
- must not own land or have an interest in any other property that is located off-reserve;
- must not intend to receive assistance under any other Investment in Affordable Housing (IAH) Programs and/or any other Ontario Homeownership Programs.
What Size of Loan Am I Eligible For?
The amount available for each eligible Application is up to $30,000.
How Do I Apply?
All applicants are required to attend a Homebuyers Seminar hosted by MBDC. Seminars are held monthly at Miziwe Biik Development Corporation, 167 Gerrard Street East, 2nd Floor, Toronto. Please call 416.640.4684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Loan applications are available at the Homebuyers Seminar. Please complete the application form and gather your verification documents. These documents include proof of Aboriginal status, income verification documents and other supporting documents which apply to your situation (please see pg. 6 of the Affordable Home Ownership Program Application Form). Call 416.640.4684 to book an application-intake appointment. Alternately, PDF copies of our Guidelines are available on our website (www.mbdc.ca).