Rebecca Cuddy (Indigenous Artist in Residence 2020-2022), during a directing workshop at the National Theatre School
Application deadline: November 25th, 2021
The National Theatre School (NTS) is looking for an Indigenous artist who has been working in theatre, their art form or cultural practice for a number of years, and who is interested in expanding their theatre-making skills. Is this the next step in your career? Or do you know someone who should apply?
This residency allows artists the opportunity to design their own course of study at NTS, giving them access to to training across all the School’s core programs is possible: Acting, Directing, Playwriting, Production Design and Technical Arts and Set and Costume Design.
STRUCTURE OF THE STUDY
The length of the residency is two years and offers artists the opportunity to:
- Create and evolve a distinct path of learning at NTS;
- Develop personal artistic projects;
- Make a direct impact on the ongoing transformation of the National Theatre School.
- The curriculum is flexible, allowing Indigenous artists to take advantage of NTS resources to expand and enrich their theatre-making capabilities.
- Participate in existing classes and projects currently offered at the School.
- Benefit from specifically created workshops and learning modules;
- Have personal mentorship with NTS staff and faculty, and/or guest mentors;
- Have access to online training components.