How To Submit
Please send us an email with the following:
- Your written submission in .doc or .docx format, photography or art submissions in .jpg format, or links to audio/video work.
- A photo of yourself
- A photo or image to accompany a written submission (this must be a photo for which you hold copyright or have permission to use)
- “About You” and “Submission Info” (copy and paste from below)
Age: Up to 17, 18-25, 26-35, 36+, Elder
Gender: (e.g., female, two-spirited, male, queer, etc.)
Location: (e.g., country, province, community, First Nation, reserve, band, etc.)
Nation: (e.g., Anishinaabe, Cree, Dene, Metis, non-Indigenous, etc.)
Bio: (Tell us a little about yourself.)
Have you been previously published? Y/N (If yes, where have you been published before?)
Category: Art, Articles, Events, Fiction, Music, News, Poetry, Video, Uncategorized
Tags: (e.g., MMIW, Indigenous, land and water, traditional medicines, etc.
Is this an original submission? Y/N (If no, where has the piece been published before?)
Submit your article, poem, art, music and more to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Written submissions should be 500-700 words long.
By submitting, contributors agree to non-exclusive publication and distribution of their work through our print magazine, our website (redrisingmagazine.ca), and a printable PDF for Education Subscriptions. Contributors retain copyright of their work.
As a volunteer-run and community-supported initiative, we are unable to pay contributors at this time. Thank you for sharing your work with the community and being part of the village making Red Rising Magazine possible.
All submissions will undergo anonymous review by the Selection Committee (see criteria below). Shortlisted submissions will be printed in the next issue. All submissions will be published online at redrisingmagazine.ca and shared in a printable PDF through the Education Subscription.
- Relevant to Indigenous youth, Indigenous experience, or Indigenous/non-Indigenous relations
- Addresses current events or theme (if applicable)
- Empowers, inspires, or challenges the community
- Ideas are clearly communicated, i.e., requires minimal revision
- Submission is creative or engaging
We welcome submissions from all walks of life, but we will be prioritizing print publication of Indigenous youth, as well as ensuring gender diversity and featuring work by new writers and artists and submissions written in/about traditional languages.
Submit your article, poem, art, music and more to email@example.com