FIRST ANNUAL GCHI DEWIN INDIGENOUS STORYTELLERS FESTIVAL
Co-Presented by: Rez 91 + Muskrat Magazine
All events free and open to the public!
Day Programme at the Parry Sound Friendship Centre (13 Bowes Street) 12pm – 3pm
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm – Welcome and Feast and Opening by John Rice
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Historical Wasauksing Slide Presentation by Vince Chechock
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm – Anishinabe Storytelling Circle, Why Do Stories Matter? With Waubgeshig Rice, Brian McInnes, and Amy Desjarlais
Special Evening at the Stockey Centre for Performing Arts (2 Bay Street) 7pm – 9pm
- Traditional Knowledge Keeper, John Rice: Wasauksing Origin Stories
- Celebrated Author, Waubgeshig Rice: Legacy
- Oral Historian, Brian McInnes: Untold Stories of Wasauksing Hero: Francis Pegahmagabow
- Filmmaker: Shania Tabobondung: My Story
- Short Film: GAA-ONDINANG DAKWAANO MAKWA (HOW THE BEAR GOT A SHORT
- And Special Musical Guests, Giveaways, and More!