imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival Welcomes TDSB Students, Staff, Parents and Advisors to the 16th Festival in October 2015
As you look forward to the summer and start making your fall 2015 curriculum plans, we encourage you to make imagineNATIVE part of your lessons and field trip plans!
WHO ARE WE?
- The imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival is the world’s largest festival presenting film, video, radio, new media and exhibitions made by Canadian Aboriginal and international Indigenous artists!
- Held primarily at the TIFF Bell Lightbox and in various locations in downtown Toronto, imagineNATIVE is the ideal event for you and your students to view a selection of the most compelling and distinctive Indigenous works from Canada and around the globe.
- imagineNATIVE is a world leader in presenting audiences of all ages with diverse, contemporary and insightful media arts content from Indigenous perspectives.
- This year we celebrate the 16th annual imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival October 14-18, 2015and we want you and your students to be a part of it!
WHAT DO WE PROGRAM?
- Each year, the Festival offers FREE programming opportunities for ages 12+ with daytime programming targeted to school groups on Thursday, October 15and Friday, October 16, 2015.
- All programming is rated by the Ontario Film Review Board to ensure age-appropriate content.
- School-aged appropriate content includes short film and feature film programmes; films are selected to educate, inform and entertain!
- We help facilitate bussing logistics and welcome advanced group ticket bookings.
- Programming details are announced in late August 2015.
- Examples of our 2014youth-targeted programming can be found here:
WORKSHOPS FOR YOUTH
imagineNATIVE offers an exclusive workshop to a small group of committed Indigenous youth, where the tools of creating media work are discovered, and youth participants end with a created short group or individual video. Spaces are limited and must require 100% signed commitment of the participants by October 1, 2015. Please contact us directly for more information.
If you’re interested in bringing your students to the 16th annual imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival, please send an email to sburns@imagineNATIVE.org with the following information:
- Your name and contact info (email, phone);
- School name and address;
- Which date we may be in contact with you for follow-up in the new school year;
- Which date you’re interested in attending:
- Thursday, October 15, 2015
- Friday, October 16, 2015
Once our programming has been confirmed for the Festival, a release will be sent to TDSB communication networks to plan your attendance.
For more detailed information about programming, contact us at 416.585.2333.
For all school group enquiries, contact sburns@imagineNATIVE.org.
Stay connected with us: