Website Harbourfront Centre
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Position Title: Development Coordinator Trainee
Reporting to: Director, Development
Type of Employment: Contract, July 4, 2022 – March 31, 2023
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Compensation: $22 per hour
Requirement Must: As this position is based on a grant, candidates must identify as being from a First Nation, Métis or Inuit background, or be registered with Miziwe Biik to qualify.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
The Development Coordinator Trainee will assist the Development team with the servicing of client and partner needs leading up to, and during events and campaigns, including but not limited to: helping with sponsor fulfillment by servicing corporate partners, helping with donor fulfillment, government, corporate and foundational grant applications, and reporting on development of partner activities.
– Represent Harbourfront Centre as an ambassador, and act as one of the contacts for sponsors and partners.
– Work during major events and festivals to ensure that all partners are satisfied, troubleshooting any problems that may arise, and communicating their concerns and needs to internal staff.
– Assist with on-site activations support and sponsor servicing from pre-event set-up through to post-event teardown and reporting, troubleshooting problems if, and as they arise.
– Support the Development department events and initiatives including revenue generation, prospect research, reporting, tracking and data entry as required.
– Assist in the documentation and reporting processes of partner’ activities.
– Assist the Corporate Partnerships team with administrative duties such as preparation of detailed event outlines and reports, coordination of logistics, sourcing of supplies, call briefing notes and call reports, managing internal photo database, and updating the – – – Development team on the status of each program and activation’s success.
– Support funder cultivation and solicitation through the preparation of prospect and donor profiles, sponsorship and corporate philanthropy proposals, and grant applications.
– Work with other departments such as Marketing, Production, Site Services and Community Engagement to deliver exceptional partnership experiences on-site and in-office.
– Work with Development Officers to support the delivery of exceptional client servicing of corporate partners, donors and government partners.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
– Must identify as being from a First Nation, Métis or Inuit background, or be registered with Miziwe Biik to qualify for candidacy to this role, as this job opportunity is based on a grant.
– Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
– Experience in a public-facing customer service role.
Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, organization, research, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
– Results oriented and proactive, with the ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently.
– A team player, able to work collaboratively, positively, and creatively with colleagues to achieve shared goals.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Availability to work some evenings and weekends outside of regular business hours is required.
– Work experience in a non-profit environment (preferably in arts and culture) is considered an asset.
– Work experience with event coordination and activations is desirable.
– An educational background/interest in marketing, communications, public relations or other related field is desirable.
– Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com