Website Kids Help Phone
Organization: Kids Help Phone
Title: Indigenous Initiatives Manager
Position: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Director – Indigenous Initiatives and Equity Programs
Location: Remote (Ability to travel within the assigned geographic region, as well as occasionally to Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and or across Canada)
Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for Indigenous young people across Canada?
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Kids Help Phone’s Indigenous Initiatives are led by an Indigenous Advisory Council and a team of First Nations, Inuit and Metis staff. Preference for this role will be given to First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicants.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
The Indigenous Initiatives Manager (IIM) will manage a team of Indigenous Engagement Coordinators and relationships with regional Indigenous organizations for Kids Help Phone. The IIM will manage the delivery of upcoming programs and initiatives that will increase access to, and awareness of Kids Help Phone services and other resources in Indigenous communities.
The IIM will support the Kids Help Phone Indigenous Advisory Council: recruiting and onboarding new members, coordinating meetings including travel and accommodations, processing expense claims and honorariums, and supporting ongoing engagement with council members. The IIM will also coordinate semi-annual knowledge Exchange Forums for Indigenous Youth Wellness and support gatherings of Indigenous Engagement Program champions and ambassadors.
The Indigenous Initiatives Manager will lead the Indigenous Initiatives Taskforce, an internal taskforce responsible for planning Indigenous advocacy efforts at Kids Help Phone.
What You’ll do
- Manage a team of Indigenous Engagement Coordinators
Deliver presentations to, and work closely with Indigenous regional organizations who wish to increase access to, and awareness of Kids Help Phone services
- Lead the Indigenous Initiatives Taskforce, an internal taskforce responsible for planning Indigenous advocacy efforts at Kids Help Phone.
- Support the Kids Help Phone Indigenous Advisory Council: recruiting and onboarding new members, coordinating meetings including booking travel and accommodations, processing expense claims and honorariums, and supporting ongoing engagement with council members.
- Coordinate semi-annual Knowledge Exchange Forums for Indigenous Youth Wellness
- Manage annual gatherings of Indigenous Engagement Program champions and ambassadors
- Manage the delivery of Indigenous programming including Brighter Days: An Indigenous Wellness Program, Indigenous Engagement Program, and other Indigenous programs.
- Lead the development of Brighter Days program wellness modules
- Identify potential Indigenous partners, vendors, and trainers to support Kids Help Phone’s Indigenous and diversity initiatives
- Distribute Indigenous outreach materials to regional organizations
- Contribute to proposal development
- Contribute to program and service development and evaluation
What You’ll Need
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in relevant discipline (e.g. public health, social work, education, applied social sciences, communications)
- People management experience
Two years of experience supporting youth volunteers
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Bilingual in French and an Indigenous language is an asset
You’ll already have the following:
- Able to manage projects and tight deadlines in a fast paced, resource-lean environment
- Strong sense of professionalism, confidentiality and commitment to maintaining a safe environment for youth
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism, non-profit and/or mental health sector
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for almost 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, texting and Facebook Messenger and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
If you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being, please visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=KIDSHELP&lang=en_CA, open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: lastname_firstname_Indigenous Initiatives Manager
This posting will remain open until midnight March 19, 2021.
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at; http://org.kidshelpphone.ca
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program. Scent free environment.
Kids Help Phone is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity of people and communities, and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our organization. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.
Kids Help Phone is committed to providing barrier-free environment and accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources person if your require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com