Website Mino Collective
Community Engagement Coordinator
Start Date – End Date
Sept 7th, 2020 – Dec 18th, 2020
15 hours weekly @26$/hr
We are hiring for the Mino Collective – an independent, grassroots group of young Indigenous people working together to solve health inequities that disproportionately affect our community. Using technology and media, we want to make existing opportunities in Toronto more accessible to community and create new opportunities where there are gaps. If this sounds interesting to you and you want to be a part of this vision, we encourage you to apply!
As the Community Engagement Coordinator you will work with the Mino Collective to create, organize, and coordinate opportunities for young people in Toronto to increase their skill sets and learn from inspiring community leaders.
What you will do:
- Work with the Mino Collective to coordinate focus groups and community consults
- Co-develop an online panel discussion for community, with a focus on the intersections of technology and health
- Co-design a virtual technology and media program for community, with a focus on digital skill development and improving leadership capacity
- Ongoing collaboration and discussion with team members to ensure the upcoming Mino Collective community programming is the best it can be
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy working with a team
- Have excellent organizational skills, including time management and multitasking
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Have knowledge about project planning and organizing instructional programs
- Are comfortable researching topics and relaying information
- Flexibility to work evening and weekends
The environment: Our group is based out of Toronto, ON. As a team member you will be working closely with young Indigenous folks as they provide leadership on several projects within the city.
Interested? Send your resume to: email@example.com with the Job Title in the description. Interviews will be conducted at the beginning of September.
Notice: Mino Collective continues to hire through this period of uncertainty. We are conducting interviews virtually and working remotely with intent to safely relocate to work in Toronto, ON.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org