(1) Opportunity to work in high schools
The TDSB runs a high school course called “Expressions of Aboriginal Culture” (NAC 10). It’s a grade 9 Native Studies course in the arts. The TDSB has designated funding to support these classes, specifically to invite Aboriginal artists to do workshops.
This could be an excellent opportunity to connect with Toronto high schools, either for your organization, or for individual artists within your organization. To get involved, or to find out more, please contact:
Aboriginal Education Office
90 Croatia Street
The Aboriginal Education Centre can offer all kinds of supports for artists and organizations, including:
- Access to schools
- Access to funding
- People and resources that can support your work in the classroom
- Connecting with local Elders
- Assisting artists in getting the vulnerable sector screening
- Completion of a partnership agreement (if applicable)
The AEC will convene various events throughout the school year, and there will potentially be opportunities to meet with teachers, other artists, and for professional development.
(2) Invitation to information session
- Aboriginal Education Centre, 90 Croatia St., Toronto
- Tuesday, October 27 – 5:00-6:00 pm
- the TDSB’s Aboriginal Education Centre (AEC) &
- the OAC’s Aboriginal Artists in Schools grant
- Come see the AEC, meet the staff, and learn about the services they provide
- Learn about funding available from the OAC through the Aboriginal Artists in Schools program
- Coincides with the AEC’s Fall Feast and Drum Social – all are welcome!
- Please extend this invitation to artists
- RSVP but will help us plan (but not mandatory): email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647-258-5075
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Associate Arts Education Officer & Northern Arts Program Officer | Responsable adjointe de l’éducation artistique et responsable du programme Arts du Nord
Ontario Arts Council | Conseil des arts de l’Ontario | www.arts.on.ca
tel | tél. 647-258-5075 | toll-free | sans frais 1-800-387-0058 ext. | poste 5075