Dedicated to supporting the development of students, new graduates, and self-taught artists, UNTAPPED Emerging Artists Competition, presented by DeSerres is a juried competition that awards 20 emerging artists from all mediums an opportunity to exhibit at a professional-level art fair for FREE. UNTAPPED Emerging Artists benefit from a dedicated feature space, supported by DeSerres at the Artist Project. This program aims to provide a platform for young artists to launch their artwork to a public audience, make connections within the arts industry and gain experience in the contemporary art world.
Who can apply?
- Current students and recent graduates of 3 years or less removed from post-secondary / graduate-level education.
- Self-taught artists who have been practicing / exhibiting their art for less than 3 years.
- Artists working in all media are encouraged to apply.
Here are the TOP 5 Reasons to Apply:
- Art Lovers: Connect with over 15,000 visitors, including gallerists, buyers and art enthusiasts.
- FREE Space: Display your work on a professional 10-foot linear, gallery-style, hard wall (11′ high), complete with lighting and a small side table.
- Exposure: Get noticed in an extensive marketing and advertising campaign online and in print along with experienced and professional organization and exhibition support. Not to mention the display of UNTAPPED artists’ work in DeSerres locations across the greater Toronto area!
- Swag: Enjoy the perks of being an Artist Project artist including a complimentary Ticket Package, free art supplies from DeSerres and discounts at DeSerres stores.
- New friends: Connect with an incredible and supportive network of talented independent artists working a variety of media.
Accepted applicants will automatically be entered in the UNTAPPED Emerging Artists People’s Choice Competition, presented by DeSerres.
Visitors to the show will have a chance to vote for their favourite UNTAPPED artist and the winner will receive a free booth at the 2017 show!
Past winners include Sheridan graduates, Shay Salehi, Jesse Bromm, OCAD graduates, Megan MacDonald, Keita Morimoto and Maryland Institute College of Art MFA student, Laura Payne.
Contact: Claire Taylor | 416 960 4527 | email@example.com