Butternut Squash Soup with Roasted Apples and Fresh Sage Recipe
In No Time
Serves 5-6 Portions
2 Butternut Squash
1 Large White Onion
3 Stalks Of Celery
5-6 Red Delicious Apples
2 Cloves Of Garlic
1 Tbsp Of Butter
Sea Salt And White Pepper
2 Litres Of Vegetable Stock
1/2 Cup Of 35% Cream Or Whole Milk
Sprigs Of Sage
- Wash, clean and peel all vegetables/fruit.
- Take the squash and dice into large cubes.
- Start to sweat the vegetables and apples in a large pot on a medium heat in olive oil for a few minutes.
- in the meanwhile dice the carrot, celery, onion and apples into cubes and add to the pan with the minced garlic cloves. Continue to cook on medium het until tender
- 15 minutes. Stir in the butter. Pour in the hot vegetable stock, season with salt and pepper, add nutmeg to taste, cook 8 more minutes.
- Add the cream and puree in the blender, or with a hand blender until smooth silky texture.
- Garnish: crispy fried sage leaves with a dollop of maple whipped cream, or try a very light sprinkle of sea salt. Fresh grilled or baked bread also goes well.