You are invited to nominate an author and/or illustrator for this year’s First Nation Communities Read competition.
First Nation Communities Read is an annual reading program launched in 2003 by the First Nations public library community in Ontario. First Nation Communities Read selected and other recommended titles:
- encourage family literacy, intergenerational storytelling, and intergenerational information sharing;
- are written and/or illustrated by an Indigenous creator.
Through title selections, other recommendations, and creators’ tours, in First Nation communities and beyond, First Nation Communities Read:
- encourages family literacy, intergenerational storytelling, and intergenerational information sharing;
- increases awareness of the relevance and importance of First Nation, Métis, and Inuit writing, illustration, and publishing;
- promotes the publication, sharing, and understanding of First Nation, Métis, and Inuit voices and experiences;
- increases awareness and sales of the titles it honours.
The creator(s) of the selected title will also be awarded the Periodical Marketers of Canada “Aboriginal Literature Award” with a cash prize of $5000.00.
Please consider nominating one of your authors!
Download 2016-2017 Submission Form – Children’s Books
If you have any questions, please contact:
Club Amick Program Advisor/
First Nation Communities Read
1 Yonge Street, Suite 1504
Toronto, ON M5E 1E5
416-961-1669 ext. 5194